Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mysterious Murals & Wedding Pandas

Howdy everyone. 

Some pictures for you. The first one is of a really cool and quirky mural that I discovered just off Queen St in the city. It's kind of tucked around a corner, but the colours are so pretty. I like the tree growing randomly out of the top of the wall too. 


Unfortunately the artist in me cringes at the anatomy of the character - it doesn't seem to make any sense, but hey, none of us are perfect - and I wouldn't do better at that scale. :) Nice work by the artist whoever you are!

Here is my little WIP for this week. It's a gift/commission from a newly married couple (freshly nuptialed last week Friday) - and they (particularly the bride) love pandas. Who wouldn't right?


So they wanted some bridal pandas for their thank you cards, and I figured this time, instead of just doing it digitally for them, I would do a traditional version for them. Probably in colour pencil (I can't resist the colour pencils).

The above is the rough version, just need to tweak some bits and then start working on the colour version. :) So will keep you updated on the progress! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the lighting in the mural and your pandas are incredibly cute! Can't wait to see the color version :)

    ReplyDelete