Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bear Cubs and the Beach

I had a commission I was doing for some friends in Christchurch, and decided it was about time I drew some bear cubs! I have been wanting to draw some for awhile - they are so cute and such cool shapes. So I think that bear cubs will be another animal featuring in my Etsy shop once I get it set up! Below you can see the rough, close-up and then the final! Done with watercolors and a little bit of color pencil and pen.



I had ordered these really cool watercolor brushes online and they arrived today! So it was another reason to do something cool with watercolors. The brushes are fantastic - well worth the purchase. 


Also managed to spend a morning at the beach with a friend the other day. It was a great opportunity to gather reference for the forest and bush scenes for the book I am working on at the moment, and also a nice opportunity to spend time with a friend and enjoy creation!


No comments:

Post a Comment