Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another day, another opportunity...

Well had a good start to the day today. Got to go out for a coffee with my Dad to a very cool cafe in Birkenhead. It's so cool to be able to do stuff like that right? I'm all for taking time out to spend time with your friends and family - life is too short not to take the opportunity. And any excuse to visit a sweet cafe too - I love cafes, and we do them well in New Zealand. : )

Speaking of which, Andr (my flatmate) and I discovered the coolest tea shop the other night! It sells every kind of tea you could imagine and serves up cup cakes and treats on cake stands, and has all these cute as teapots all different shapes and sizes. So we have decided that we definitely have to take our Mums there someday. 

Anyway...


A turtle, coz turtles are very cool and I like them a lot. : )



It might seem a bit random putting the above drawings on here - but I was going through one of my folders and spotted the sketches, and I had so much fun doing them that I thought I'd share them, just in case there is someone out there who is just as random as I am and would find them amusing. One of our assignments last year was do to a key animation of a flour sack, getting from one point to another. So to start with we just did a whole pile of preliminary drawings to get as much gesture and personality into the sack as possible, and it was amazingly fun! I think he's quite cute (coz he is a 'he'). : )

1 comment: