Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Twigs are cool!


Today we have a little blue bird. I am harking back to old drawings because I haven't had the time to do any finished pieces over the last week and I wanted to put some colour up. : ) So the above wee chap is a recent old one - from January, during the summer holidays

And the below one is a real oldy - from back in my high school days. Yup we did really random stuff in high school art. We had to collect a bunch of twigs and shells and feathers etc. Tie them all together and then draw them! I mean, who wouldn't! 


However, all joking aside (as hilarious as that was), I must admit I actually did enjoy the exercise. The textures of the twigs were really cool and as you can see, I even found one with moss growing on it. And as you can also most likely see - I had a LOT of fun with the ink. Hehe. And seriously, when I say old (without giving toooooo much information away about my age) when I say high school, we are talking over 10 years ago. : P 
Seriously I can't believe how fast time flies. 

Maybe one of these days, I'll go out and find some new 21st century twigs and do some new studies...

No comments:

Post a Comment